Depression is the most common and serious disorder amongst teenagers. Depression is a type of mental problem in which people start feeling low, sad all the time, lose interest in any activity. It leads to an emotional and physical breakdown and decreases your wish to enjoy life. Sometimes depressed people try to harm themselves, try to commit suicide to end all the suffering. Fortunately, Depressions is also treatable
Depression symptoms change from mild to severe. General symptoms are:-
- Feeling sad
- Depressed mood
- Loss of interest or enjoy in any activities.
- Irregular meal
- Frequently weight loss or gain
- No sleeping or sleeping too much
- Dizziness , fatigue
- Thoughts of isolating
- Decrease social interaction
- Feeling worthless
- Difficulty in thinking or making decisions
- Suicidal thoughts.
If you face any of the symptoms for a long time then consult a doctor.
Depression symptoms in teenagers
Most of the symptoms of depression are similar in children and adult
- Under confidence
- Negative thoughts
- Poor performance
- Become more emotional
- Change in sleeping cycle
- Loss of interest in normal activities
- Avoid social interaction.
Depression symptoms in older adults
Depression is not just a disease it is more dangerous than that. The normal disease can be treated by medicine but for depression medicine along with emotional support is important. So, never making fun of depressed people motivate them to overcome it. Depression is treatable and can be treated completely by proper doctor guidance. Symptoms of depression in adults are:-
- Personality change and prefer silence
- Physical aches or pain
- loss of appetite
- sleep problems
- loss of interest in sex
- Avoid social exposure.
- Suicidal thoughts or negative feelings
Most of the cause of depression is unknown. But there are some points that may cause depression:-
- Trauma, death of someone close, heart break, unable to fulfill your responsibilities, financial crisis.
- Disbalance in hormone level
- Brain chemistry
- Hormone changes after pregnancy, menopause or during periods.
- Inherited traits. Depression is more common in people whose blood relatives also have this condition.
Depression is a serious disorder that can cause huge damage to you and your family. If it is not treated on time then it will get worse and cause emotional, behavioral, and health breakdowns which will affect your life.
complications related to depression are
- Excessieve weight gain or obesity lead to heart disease and diabetes
- physical illness
- Drug abuse
- Panic attacks
- Behavioural problem
- Anger issues
- Social isolation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Eat healthy food
- Build strong relations with your family, friends.
- Don’t take unnecessary stress
- Try to keep calm and strong in every situation
- Socialize as much you can
- Try to spend more time with peoples
- Don’t sit alone