In human body, bacteria and yeast are also present in balance quantity and when this balance gets changed it causes infection. Infection can be bacterial or yeast infection. Vaginal yeast infection is a type of fungal infection caused by candida Albicans fungi. It causes irritation, itching, redness in the vagina or newer vulva. It leads to swelling of the vagina and vaginal discharge. It’s very common in young age women. Almost 5 out of 8 girls face this problem.
It is also known as candidiasis. Vaginal yeast infection is treatable and can easily be treated in a few days. In some case, it may take weeks and the condition become more worst. Vaginal yeast infection is not considered a a sexually transmitted disease. But sometimes it gets spread from one person to another during intercourse even it spreads without sex also. There is some evidence that proves infections may be transmitted from the vagina to mouth(oral-genital sex).
Hygiene maintenance and good medications can effectively treat vaginal yeast infections.
Symptoms of vaginal yeast infection
Symptoms change from mild to moderate and there are some common symptoms
- Itching and irritation
- Vaginal discharge
- Swelling in vagina
- Burning sensation while vagina movement
- Redness of the vulva
- Pain in vagina
- Vaginal soreness
- white discharge over affected areas
- Red and white lesions in your mouth
- cracks in the skin
Vaginal yeast infection is a type of fungal infection caused by candida Albicans fungi. Its causes irritation, itching, redness in the vagina or newer vulva. It leads to swelling of the vagina and vaginal discharge.
Overgrowth of yeast lead to vaginal yeast infection :
- Lack of hygiene
- Excessive use of sexual cream
- Sharing of infected towel
- Overweight people
- Overuse of Antibiotic
- Uncontrolled diabete
- An impaired immune system
- Use of oral contraceptives or hormone therapy which increase estrogen levels
There are many other yeast infections which are caused by another fungus. Some the yeast infections can easily be treated while some of them are difficult to treat.
Vaginal yeast infection can be treated in a few days. There are some points that help in preventing the infection.
- Keep genital clean
- Always use intimate washers to clean vaginal area
- Wear quality of
- Keep those areas clean and dry which are prone to infection
- Bath daily and dry yourself completely.
- Never share your towel or personal garments.
- Do exercise
- Take healthy diet
- Change undergarments regularly.
- Keep your diabetes in control
- Pregnancy woman must take good care of themselves.
- Control overweight and obesity
- Use candila dusting powder
Many infections are treated by oral and intravenous medications.